Awards & Recognition
Midland Memorial Hospital has received several awards recognizing the hospital and its personnel for our great patient care. We have received these awards because of teamwork. There are many people including doctors, nurses, technologists and pharmacists who make these teams work well for our patients; but the most important person on this team is you, the patient.
- In 2014, for the 5th year in a row, Midland Memorial Hospital received the American Heart Association’s (AHA) Heart Failure Gold Plus Award. This highest honor for excellence in heart failure care means the hospital performed at or above 90 percent on multiple care standards that have been shown to decrease mortality and improve longevity in heart failure patients.
- Center of Distinction Award for our Wound Management Center as well as a Pathway to Excellence award by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Certified as a Stroke Center of Excellence by the accrediting body (DNV)
- The Breast Center is the only center in Texas to hold all three of these honors: recognized by the American College of Radiology for being a Breast Center of Excellence, a Certified Quality Breast Center as recognized by the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers Program (NQMBC) and fully accredited through the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
- Total Joint Center has been recognized for the DNV Hip and Knee Replacement Certification, becoming fourth in the nation to receive this distinguished honor. This recognition came just four months after the Total Joint Center received designation from Blue Cross Blue Shield as being a Blue Distinction Center+ for hip and knee replacements.
- In 2016, Midland Memorial Hospital was the very first recipient of the Inspired Award for Values and Cultural Excellence, presented by Joe Tye.