Performs the essential duties, responsibilities and primary functions of a Trauma Registrar. Will work directly with the Trauma Clinical Manager to assist the Trauma Department in duties which can include: maintaining of spreadsheets, extracting and compiling data, attending events, and other duties as assigned. Responsible for facilitating the communication of information and positive interactions between Trauma Services and other hospital departments and outside agencies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
· Responsible for abstracting and entering trauma patient data into the Trauma Registry and generating all monthly reports requested.
· Responsible for maintaining the Registry including all interfaces and files to include verifying and updating all information that is compiled.
· Maintain basic knowledge of computer and software skills
· Demonstrates adequate communication skills
· Assures and maintains strict patient confidentiality
· Demonstrates adequate knowledge of basic human anatomy and physiology and medical terminology
· Demonstrates ability to access, explore, interpret and extrapolate pertinent data from multiple databases/sources and enter into appropriate Trauma Registries.
· Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with requirements of various regulatory agencies, specific to trauma care.
· Demonstrates effective time management skills
· Assumes responsibility for identifying and meeting own educational and career development needs.
· Demonstrates the ability to make appropriate decisions exercising independent judgment.
· Demonstrates the ability to interpret written patient diagnosis(es) and insure appropriate ICD-9-CM and Injury Severity Score.
· Demonstrate ability to review EHRC and written charts timely, thoroughly and efficiently in order to complete PI in defied time frames.
· Demonstrates a willingness to work a flexible schedule in order to meet departmental goals/needs.
· Must be a minimum high school graduate or equivalent.
· Must have a strong knowledge and understanding of medical terminology, basic human anatomy and physiology concepts, ICD-9-CM Coding and/or Injury Severity Coding.
· Must be willing to obtain and maintain current Trauma Registry certification.
· Must possess basic secretarial and clerical skills. Must be able to type accurately, with minimal errors. Must possess a working knowledge of other common office equipment, including, but not limited to, 10 key calculators, photocopiers, fax machines, tape recorders and personal computers (including Office, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.)